An Insider's View of Internet Marketing
1. What is Internet Marketing?
- Internet marketing is an online form of commission selling. The Internet Marketer becomes a commissioned salesperson for various companies. Through online websites or blogs the Marketer will provide links to the products that are being searched on the web. The magic of this medium allows anyone to become a conduit that brings together an audience with the products they are looking for.
2. Is this a Scam?
- There are many charlatans out on the web. This business model is completely legitimate. It takes time and effort to develop any business and this is no different. It can make you money and is a good way to add additional income to your household.
3. Can I really make money at this?
- This business model is not a get rich quick scheme. It will take time to develop your online presence and drive traffic to your web properties. It is a way to make legitimate money. With time and concerted effort you can make a living at this. Starting up a business however is a risk that not everyone should undertake. If you feel that you are up to the challenge, there is money to be made online.
4. Will I need to stock products and ship them myself?
- This business model does not require that you buy products and ship them to your customers. The vendors take care of shipping products and will pay you a commission based on the sales that you drive to their sales sites.
5. How long will this take?
- The amount of time involved with this endeavor varies. Some people make money right from the start and some take a year or more to get their online presence established and make sales. The average is around 6 months. This is not a hard and fast rule. Everything takes effort and action. The more you put in the faster it happens.
6 How much writing is involved?
- There is not a way to sugar coat this issue. There is a significant amount of writing involved with this. The good part of this is that your writing does not have to be formal, you are not creating a doctoral thesis here. In fact, the more familiar and conversational your writing, the better it does. Sitting down and writing a quick e-mail to a friend is the most effective sales copy that you can write.
7. What do I sell?
- Pick something that you are already familiar with and there is a good chance that there are products available in this area (Niche) that you can sell. The magic in this business is that there is a ready market on the internet for just about anything you can think of. Need to clear up your acne? Yup, there’s a way to sell this. Want to loose some weight, make a canoe, learn how to build a chicken coop? There are products available for just about anything. You choose your focus and start promoting your passion.
8. How do I get paid?
- The vendors that you sign up with will keep track of your sales and pay you on your sales over the current interval. The interval may be monthly, bi-weekly or weekly depending on the vendor. Most vendors can remit a check or will pay by PayPal.
9. It’s all so confusing, where can I get help?
- If you get stuck, you can contact me at info@InsightsintoInternetMarketing. You can leave a comment on my contact page and I can point you to resources that will help you to succeed with this. The best resource that I have found is Wealthy Affiliate University. This is a group of people that are dedicated to the advancement of Internet Marketing and are focused on helping people to be successful with their efforts.
- If you need immediate help, leave a comment below and I will respond with your answer as soon as I can.